10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 123456

Old 07-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Event Manager

Default PAS Meeting of the Minds 7/31 - CANCELED

Due to a lack of topics, Please note that the 7/31
PAS Meeting of the Minds has been canceled.

We will see you at the next MOM's on 8/28.

See you there!

Send those topics to me right away so we have plenty to talk about.

Come have fun with us!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Event Manager

Default MOM's Events

This is something that is really weird within our calendar of events.
Reoccurring events, such as the MOM's every last Thursday of the month,
are weird to cancel. When I go into cancel for July, it marks it as canceled
for the entire reoccurring event, clear to November, in the case of this event.
So, what I've done, for those who might visit to find out if it is happening
or not, and aren't going to check the Forums for info, is I marked tomorrow's
meeting as 7/31 MOM is Canceled. This way, anyone who might want to attend, and checking the status, will at least get the info.
But, if you look ahead to the Aug, Sept, etc MOM's they also have that same message. I will take the message of 7/31 being canceled off the page after the event passes by. So, don't be alarmed if you are checking out the date of the Aug event because it will say 7/31 is canceled but it won't say that Aug is, unless we cancel it closer to the Aug MOM date. Just thought you might want to know. The good thing of this is that if i have to change the format of the MOM's page, i change it once and it carries forward. The bad thing is i have to specify an event is canceled, but not in the top field of TITLE... within the the body of the event info.
Thanks for reading this so you know what is going on with the events.
Have a super Wednesday!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 AM
Event Manager

Default Meeting of the Minds - Open to the Public or not

By the way,
it was brought to my attention that some PAS members were not aware of the fact that the MOM's is open to anyone, except children.
PAS welcomes input and visitors to the MOM's to see how our club is run, and what fun we have, and sometimes, we have informative items we share.
So, one meeting recently we had some NON-PAS members attend. We just have to keep in mind that we might have a few visitors, and maybe it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves when we see someone new at the meeting. Find out who the newbie is and what their interest is and let someone running the meeting know that we have a NON member present so that no passwords or other info, specific to PAS, are given at that meeting.
Everyone at the meeting pretty much knows each other. It's the new people that are easy to spot. So, keep in mind, we open the MOM'S to the public as
well.

If we wish to change this, let me know and I will move the MOM's to the private calendar because then the public will not know when the meeting is and it will only be PAS members who attend. But we should discuss this at the next MOM's if that is what the group wishes to do.

The reason we have always included the public is so that we can get members who are actually interested in helping run the club. At other club meetings, they hold their business meetings right there, prior to their speakers... they just ask that non members do not vote, if that is what the business portion is about. We have the separate meeting to not take any time away from the Guest Speaker. And because most of the time, our topics can take up to 10pm if there is some good discussion going on.

So, think about this... do we want to keep the MOM's as open to the public, or change it to PAS Members only meetings?
Give me your input in this forum and if we need to change it, we can bring it up at a MOM and make the change then. Thanks.