5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 12

Old 11-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Event Manager

Default Looking for a location to hold our Telescope Workshops

Good morning and Happy Friday to you!

Earlier in the week it was suggested, by Bob, that we look into having our Telescope Workshops at REI. So, I've asked Rod to look into that for PAS by calling and finding out if we can borrow their location for FREE to hold this kind of event. He can post his findings in this Thread.

I also, today, emailed our contact, Allyson, at N. Mountain Park Visitor Center to see if she would allow us to do the same thing. The advantage to N. Mt Park V.C. as our location is that afterward we could possibly hold a star party. So the attendees would start out learning indoors for the first 2-3 hours of a Lab Class set up, and then move to outdoors for 1-2 hours as we hold a mini Class star party as a followup. This sounds awesome to me.

So, here is what I propose. Let's chat about it in this thread! Put your 2 cents in, give us ideas where you'd hold a Telescope Training Workshop, for free, that preferably has electricity so that we can use projectors and have presentations as well as hold the workshop. Your input is highly needed.

Post anything and everything having to do with topic right here so we can discuss it. Thanks for your input. Have a spectacular day!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Event Manager

Default MOM 8/27 discussion

TELESCOPE WORKSHOPS

Now here's at topic that has been discussed and worked on but nothing came of it until this meeting!!! Thank you DAVE!!! Let me give you the brief of what was discussed and then the results of that discussion. We were tossing ideas around as to where to hold our TELESCOPE WORKSHOPS. As you know, the best way to get someone to join our club or any astronomy club is to help them learn how to use their telescope so they will be willing to join us at star parties. Well, some ideas that came from this, that we might use in the future, would be to hold these type of events at Hotels, the public library, or a public park. Then Dave said we can hold them at PVCC. So, I will be setting up some TELESCOPE WORKSHOPS, at least 1 prior to Christmas, and then several after Christmas for those who get a telescope as a gift and need help with it. Watch for those dates.