5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 12

Old 01-03-2020, 02:32 PM
Event Manager

Default Free Telescope Workshop at PVCC Jan 30 2020

It's a New Year!
Let's have a bunch of Free Telescope Workshops to help everyone enjoy their telescope equipment as best as they can! Come attend our Free Telescope Workshop on Jan 30 2020 at PVCC Main Campus from 7pm to 9:30pm.
RSVP to attend, it is required for this event.

* Looking to purchase a telescope? Come to this event and find out what fits your budget, your goals with the telescope, and fits in your vehicle for easy transport. We give advice only. We have nothing to sell to you at this event. When you RSVP, mention number in your party. Seating is limited.

* Looking for help in understanding how to enjoy your telescope more? Any kind of assistance can be found at these workshops, as long as you RSVP with the number in your party + the make and Model of your telescope, and if you have a specific need, such as collimation, then mention that as well. Bring your scope, accessories for the scope, something to write on and with.

RSVP is required with Terri at StarStuff@gmail.com with the above requested info. No public RSVP's and this event becomes cancelled.

Public RSVP's:

* Helen N: Wants to know what telescope to purchase - Terri
* Tracey W: Orion 4.5" Star Blaster table mount
* Wesley D: Orion XT 8" Dob
* Rudy G + 2: (1) is a Meade ETX 123 / (2) Twin Star... I will try and send a photo.
* Patricia & Steve: Want to know what scope to purchase
* Jeff S: Celestron - PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope - Manual German Equatorial Telescope - may need collimation
* Carole & Michelle: Celestron 114LCM
* Allison V. Bushnell 18-1561
* Richard S: Celestron Astromaster 130 manual drive
* Justin P: What scope to buy
* Reginald D: refractor 70mm 40070 telescope, made by, "Zeny"
* Debbie (MU): attendance reason unknown
* Susan B + 1: Celestron 21024 "First Scope"

PAS Telescope Teachers:

* William
* Mark
* Cal
* Pete
* Leah
* Ted
* Sam
* Stu

Additional PAS Helpers:

* Terri, Event Manager

I'm calling this event Happening - LET'S DO IT - See you there tonight!.

Update of Jan 30:

Attendance tonight:

* 7 telescope teachers
* 17 Class members
* 9 telescopes needing teachers
* 6 class members wanting to know what scope to purchase
* 9 PAS members

** If you are attending to find out what telescope to purchase, please join Terri and Stu at the middle table in the room for a discussion beginning promptly at 7:30pm.

** If you have your telescope with you, team up with a telescope teacher and start as soon as you get in the room with your scope, accessories, something to take notes on and with. Your help will being as soon as the doors open and a telescope teacher arrives to assist you.

** Please note: There are more folks needing telescope help than I have telescope teachers availble tonight. I'm requesting everyone please be patient while we help eveyrone we can as quickly as we can.

** Additional activities for tonight: I'm hoping Cal brings his scope and will set it up, AFTER helping one telescope in need, and show the night sky possibly the Moon, Venus, and Orion Nebula. Everyone attending tonight may feel free to stick around to view these objects through Cal's scope. I appreciate everyone's patience!

** If for some reason you do not get all the info you are seeking at tonight's event, we have another FREE Telescope Workshop in 2 weeks on Feb 13: http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar...=2020-2-13&c=1
If you need additional assistance, drop me an email Starstuff@gmail.com and tell me what you are seeking and we will assist you at that time. An example would be - if you attend tonight, you find you need to purchase something to make your scope work better for you, and you want to buy it and then have help learning to use it with your scope... Feb 13 is a good place to get that help. Tell me in your RSVP why you are attending Feb 13th workshop, and remind me what telescope you have, just in case I don't remember. Many thanks.

Additional data about this event can be found on the PAS Calendar for this date: http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar...=2020-1-30&c=1

Key:
MU: This person RSVP'd by MeetUp and can't be reached to find out why they are attending this class. I have to assume they are attending to find out what scope to purchase, until they tell me otherwise.